Re: Challenge object: Tiny faint galaxy grouping in Ursa Major

Roland Christen

Sounds like a challenging object. maybe have to ask one of my astronomer friends in Hawaii if I could use the 20" University Hawaii scope on Mauna Loa next time I'm up there.

From: Steve Armen <st5.armen@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Apr 27, 2022 10:17 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Challenge object: Tiny faint galaxy grouping in Ursa Major

That is nice sensitivity with the big Cassegrain.

Never have seen a satellite look like that.

Another great target for the big 17" Cass would be Andromeda's Parachute - gravitationally lensed quasar. Not the right time of year just yet. In June in your area will be up late ~ 2am. I've goofed around attempting to image it with my idk10 silly, not enough focal length or mirror.

RA: 1 : 47 : 9.53
DEC: 46 : 30 : 35