Re: Challenge object: Tiny faint galaxy grouping in Ursa Major

wow that is some crazy specs there Roland

Scope focal length 3454mm
Image scale 0.322 arc sec per pixel
Individual 1200 sec resolution 1.5 arc sec FWHM
Guiding accuracy 0.18 arc sec rms
Seeing: 3/5  -  Clear Sky Clock

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 6:54 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Wanted to see how faint I could go here at my light polluted industrial park. Local amateurs pointed out a tiny grouping of faint galaxies that they haven't been able to get much info on them or any detailed images. I tried with my 130EDF, 10" F8 Mak-Cass and finally with my 17" F8 Astrograph. Main limitation is the amount of background sky brightness here due to severe light pollution, but I'm always up to a challenge. The galaxies showed up in a wide field image in my 130GTX as a tiny little group, showed some small amount of detail in the 10", but it took the 17" to finally reveal some better detail.
Star resolution last night was 1.5 arc sec FWHM and guiding was under 0.2 arc sec FWHM for the 20 minute exposures. Had some horrific satellite trails that had to be removed, otherwise everything went fairly smoothly.

I had one satellite trail that resembled a corkscrew, never have I seen anything like that. See below.

Brian

Brian Valente