From: Craig Young <craig.young.m8@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Apr 19, 2022 5:30 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Mount slewing acceleration/deceleration profile

I have a Planewave CDK20 on an AP1600GTOAE mount.  The OTA + instruments weigh about 160lbs and the mount is spec'd for 220 lbs, so the payload is well within the capacity of the mount.  But when I slew at 600x from point a to b the motor stops instantly and the OTA rocks in the cradle until settled.  Looking at other mounts with large payloads they use a noticeable acceleration/deceleration slewing profile to prevent this.  I did not see any place in APCC setup to set the ramping profile.  Is this not supported on AP mounts?  For the moment I have changed the slew rate from 600x to 240x (1 deg/sec) which is a bit slow getting around the sky, but it still rocks somewhat when slew is finished.  This has got to be hard on the drive system when this happens.

Craig