Las Campanas

Howard Ritter

Hi, Rolando—

Regarding the A-P Mak at the Carnegie station on Las Campanas: After years of hoping I could finally take part in one, I’m signed up for the upcoming Sky & Telescope tour of a number of Chilean observatories in October. One of the destinations is Las Campanas. Since the participants will all be amateur astronomers, I think there would be great interest in seeing the scope and its housing, if time permits, while the tour is at Las Campanas. I’m going to bring this idea up with the editor of S&T, Peter Tyson, who will be leading the tour. If he’s open to the possibility, would you have any contacts I could suggest to him for further exploration?

—howard