From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Greg McCall
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2022 4:14 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] A note on the video of the SGP and APCC settings for the meridian flip

And it would be great to be able to set all that including APPM stuff in just one site/telescope config screen for
each setup that a portable user can just switch too depending on gear an location in stead of having to remember
every configuration each time you set up.

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 8:38 am, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> wrote:

Hi Marcelo,

>>> More importantly, you have not defined the actual meridian limits of the telescope
>>> on your mount and set a Flip Offset.
>
> Fortunately I have a very clear view of the sky and don't need specific limits,

You might be confusing Meridian limits with Horizon Limits.

Horizon limits are used to define the area of the sky the telescope can view.

Meridian limits define how far you can, or want, to allow the mount to slew or track from the meridian,. The
limit is usually set to be just before a counterweight-up pier collision would occur.

The set of Meridian Limits can, and likely will, be different between different telescopes on the same mount
because each telescope and its accessories have different dimensions. It is a set of limits instead of a single limit
because the meridian limit at each declination can change.

-Ray