Re: Mach2 meets old school Takahashi MT-160

Dean Jacobsen

I managed to get a break in the weather last night and got another shot with the old Newtonian and the Mach2 combo.

- a stack of 69 x 240 second unguided images with the Mach2

https://www.astrobin.com/gn8egd/

Still a bit of coma at the edges but not too bad.  Used a Baader MPCC at the scope's native f/6.25 focal length [1000 mm].   Again, the tracking model gave me perfectly round stars in the center of the image.

Used the color camera again [ZWO ASI2600MC Pro].

This image was taken under Bortle 3 skies in the San Diego County desert.
--
Dean Jacobsen