Re: telescope storage - vertical vs horizontal?

thefamily90 Phillips

👍

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of weems@... <weems@...>
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2022 12:49:13 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] telescope storage - vertical vs horizontal?

My experience with storing a reflector vertically, face up, is that the mirror provides a surface for bugs to die on. I store my refractor in Park 4 position (horizontally), partly because that gets it out of the way of my observatory door and it’s bay, and partly so that any water drops will fall on the side of the tube, where they will run off, rather than getting on the optics if I’ve forgotten to cover them.

Chip