From: Sébastien Doré <sebastiendore1@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Mar 28, 2022 9:02 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach2 Ethernet #Mach2GTO

FWIW, I too would have liked the flexibility and reliability of an Ethernet connectivity on top of the Mach2 (in addition to the usb3)

No to mention the advantages of connector reliability in cold weather and almost no limit on cable length which would come in handy for a headless observatory (PC inside house + rugged switch/media converter on OTA) for example.

Anyway, I currently use it the same way as Bill does with a PC on the tripod leg and a Pegasus PPBA on top and it works fine but I need to keep the USB 3 cables ultra short obviously, and it makes the tripod a bit bulky with a few more cables than I’d like dangling around when I move it before and after each session.

Definitely not a show stopper to miss it, but would have been a nice-to-have IMO. I’d pay for such an upgrade if it were available.

Sébastien

Le 28 mars 2022 à 21:08, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> a écrit :

You can use the USB or WiFi to connect to the CP5 from the top of the mount.

Roland