Re: Mach2 Ethernet #Mach2GTO

Roland Christen

What is the CP5 communicating with on top of the mount? Normally the CP5 communicates with a laptop that sends GoTo coordinates from a planetarium program. It also communicates with APCC/APPM for modeling and with guider programs such as PHD2 or MaximDL. None of those would be up on top of the mount.

The CP5 can also communicate via WiFi with any device, no cables needed. The communication to and from the CP5 is at a very low level and consists of very few bits. Does not need the high speed capabilities of Ethernet.

From: Charles Thompson via groups.io <cthomp97@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Mar 28, 2022 7:43 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach2 Ethernet #Mach2GTO

I have a problem with that connection too. I wish the CPx USB connection could ride on the through the mount cabling so you didn't have to put a hub at the CP5 to get it's connection up to the top of the mount with the rest of the USB devices.

I am thinking about running an Ethernet cable with the USB3 extension cable, back to the laptop. That way you don't have an extra USB hub at the base or a USB cable dragging up to a hub on the top. In my case it is a UPBV2 that rides up top.

Thanks,
Charles

Sent from mobile device.