Re: Mach2 Ethernet #Mach2GTO

Bill Long

I just use a mini PC on the tripod leg. CP4/5 connects via Ethernet to the mini PC, and the usb3 connection runs to the mini PC. On top of the scope is my UPBV2 which distributes USB, power, and dew control. 

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Charles Thompson via groups.io <cthomp97@...>
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2022 5:43 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach2 Ethernet #Mach2GTO

I have a problem with that connection too. I wish the CPx USB connection could ride on the through the mount cabling so you didn't have to put a hub at the CP5 to get it's connection up to the top of the mount with the rest of the USB devices.  

I am thinking about running an Ethernet cable with the USB3 extension cable, back to the laptop. That way you don't have an extra USB hub at the base or a USB cable dragging up to a hub on the top. In my case it is a UPBV2 that rides up top.

Thanks,
Charles

Sent from mobile device.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 3/28/22 7:10 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Mach2 Ethernet #Mach2GTO

Hello. I have a question on the Mach2 internal cabling, probably more-so directed at the folks as AP.  The specs state a USB 3.0 and DC power cable that are pre-installed.  My question is:  Is there any feasibility or future plan to also running an ethernet cable internally along with the USB and DC Power?  While I am sure the robustness of the GTOCP5 wifi is adequate, I personally have always opted to minimize connections that rely on wireless (Cat6 ethernet to every room in the home, etc).  I see that the GTOCP5 does have the ethernet port on it, and ideally it would be nice to connect a patch cable from the GTOCP5 ethernet port to this hypothetical ethernet jack that would run internal, and then another patch to a mini PC.  Again, may or may not be feasible or planned, but wanted to ask to see if there were previous discussions or potential future plans to do this.  Thanks.
Bryan

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.