Re: Mach2 Ethernet #Mach2GTO

Bill Long

I just use a mini PC on the tripod leg. CP4/5 connects via Ethernet to the mini PC, and the usb3 connection runs to the mini PC. On top of the scope is my UPBV2 which distributes USB, power, and dew control.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Charles Thompson via groups.io <cthomp97@...>
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2022 5:43 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach2 Ethernet #Mach2GTO

I have a problem with that connection too. I wish the CPx USB connection could ride on the through the mount cabling so you didn't have to put a hub at the CP5 to get it's connection up to the top of the mount with the rest of the USB devices.

I am thinking about running an Ethernet cable with the USB3 extension cable, back to the laptop. That way you don't have an extra USB hub at the base or a USB cable dragging up to a hub on the top. In my case it is a UPBV2 that rides up top.

Thanks,
Charles

Sent from mobile device.