Re: Availability of Absolute Encoders for Mount Upgrades

Roland Christen

In the case of Renishaw, there are no Covid restrictions that are affecting their encoder shipments. It is the world-wide unavailability of computer chips that has their production stymied. Same problem that car manufacturers the world over are facing (and us lowly mount makers).

From: M Hambrick <mhambrick563@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Mar 21, 2022 5:34 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Availability of Absolute Encoders for Mount Upgrades

Hopefully, the situation in the UK will get better soon. I think it was just last week that the Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced that they were ending a lot of their COVID restrictions. I think a lot of countries are starting to figure out that vaccines and masks are not making much of a difference with the Omicron variant. We've still got a long way to go though.

Mike