Re: Using Dec Arc Models in NINA's Astro-Physics Tools plugin

Hi Karl

Don't know if you read the page on this plug-in

If I understand what you want to do, you can create a dec arc model for your first target from within NINA sequencer, and then another dec arc model right before you image M96

On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 12:19 PM karl.perkins@... <karl.perkins@...> wrote:
I'm new to creating models in APCC and I have a few questions:

Using NINA's Astro-Physics Tools plugin, can you create a separate Dec Arc Model for two targets on the same night? For example, I create a Dec Arc Model for my first target, NGC 2244, and it runs until its imaging sequence completes around midnight. I then want to switch to M96 to finish the night. Assuming that the tracking and pointing corrections from the NGC 2244 model are still active in APCC, it seems this will cause problems creating the M96 model. Or if I want to continue imaging M96 without a model, is the NGC 2244 model still active, causing pointing and tracking errors for the M96 imaging sequence?

I posted this on the NINA Discord server, but I haven't received any responses yet.

--
Brian

Brian Valente