From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of ap@...
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2022 7:19 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC Pro Beta and AP V2 ASCOM Driver Beta with an alternative to Eltima Virtual Ports

[Edited Message Follows]

(Sorry, somehow this sent before i was ready).

OK, fresh attempt.

Reboot.
Firewall off (Defender), no other AV or security software running.
Setup telescope (ASCOM setup):
IP Addr checked, REST API (auto checked), 127.0.0:60001
OK (long pause, but no error)
Open APCC:
Go to virtual ports, delete Com 21
Settings, Advanced, confirm API shows REST enabled, port 60001
Just to be safe, exit APCC
Open APCC:
Run netstat and confirm port 60001 is in listening state (IPv4 and IPv6)
Open ASCom setup:
Open wireshark and capture for port 60001
Hit check port == says "mount not found"

Wireshark shows:

POST /api/mount/sendcmd HTTP/1.1

Connection: Keep-Alive

Accept: */*

Host: 127.0.0.1:60001

{ "Command": ":U#"}
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

There's a continual flow of these, with 404 errors coming from APCC to ASCOM.

The mount is connected to APCC via TCP and appears happy, sitting there parked, but I can control it fine as
usual.

I'm open to suggestions if I am doing something incorrectly, but they appear to be talking, just not happy with
what they are saying to each other.

Linwood