Re: New 400GTO Owner Question

Gregg Carter

Larry,

Thanks for the reassurance. Yes, I need to get out under the skies
and put this baby through its paces. Just need that sliding bar.
Like I said, it looks to be a work of art, and it's obvious that
Roland and company take pride in what they do. I appreciate quality,
and that's why I've waited for the AP mount. My first impressions
are that this is a fine piece of equipment, that will serve me for
many, many years.

Regarding support from AP, I have communicated with Roland on several
occasions via private e-mail, and he has always been very helpful and
answered all my questions. Christine is the best. They are all
definitely first rate regarding support.

As far as there being posts reflecting issues that are either rare or
actually non-existent, well I have been there before. When I first
go the SkySensor for my Vixen SP mount, I saw posts on the user group
for that mount about how it wouldn't work, etc. I installed mine,
went out, and it worked like a charm. I did take the time to read
the manuals and install it accordingly.

Thanks, and clear and steady skies,

Gregg

--- In ap-gto@egroups.com, "Larry Denmark" <kldenmark@w...> wrote:
... my new 400GTO was delivered a week ago...
I become concerned when I hear about alignment
problems... I want to believe that I am over reacting,
and that the mount is going to provide goto capabilities...
Will I be pleased or disappointed?
Gregg,

Only you will be able to answer that, but let me say this:

I've owned the AP 400 QMD and now have the AP 600E GTO. They have
both
functioned perfectly as soon as they emerge from their bubble wrap
cocoon.
Orthogonality issues with A-P mounts are rare events... not unheard
of -
just quite uncommon. Otherwise, people would not drool for two
years
waiting to get one. (And try to find a used one for sale.)

I'm sorry there are some folks who have had problems with their
mounts, and
I do not for a moment make light of their plights nor do I
challenge their
assessment of the cause of their problems. But keep in mind
that "listening
in" on any of these lists carries the same sort of learning curve
as using
your equipment. Not everything we say in this forum is true. It
is not
that we lie, but sometimes we believe sincerely in things that just
aren't
so. The more experience you gain on your own, the greater the
value this
list becomes. So learn from it, but don't be frightened by what
you read.

Have fun with your new mount...

Larry Denmark
kldenmark@a...