Bob

Robert J. Enouen
Cell 513-504-4410

On Feb 3, 2022, at 11:08 PM, ap@... wrote:

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 10:50 PM, Eric Weiner wrote:
I’d like to see your data without stars removed.
I didn't save the color version of that, but have the stacks with minimal processing, if you care to look.  Two files in one zip here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1carQ4CiRNGOIJAf6XrOpAVarF1sV_r5L/view?usp=sharing

Love to hear any recommendations, etc. you have.  I struggled a lot trying to remove stars.  I ended up doing it in the synthetic luminance (just the sum of the Ha and Oiii) instead of the RGB version.  The new Starnet++ V2 is great, but it removes them, doesn't just remove some.  I ended up taking the synthetic luminance and running starnet to get a stars masked (after stretch -- it isn't working right pre-stretch), then did some multiscale linear work to remove some, also some morphalogical transform, then added the stars back in.  It made a mess, I cloned some odd shapes out afterwards.   I also tried the Star De-emphasis script Adam Block loves, but it did not do nearly enough reduction.  I wish starnet had a "remove all below this size" or some such.

Linwood