Re: PHD2 "Use Dec compensation" on or off?

Eric Weiner

I did a long imaging run last night with the Dec compensation off with a 600+ point APPM model active and Dec Arc tracking on.  I was also using the Beta PHD2 version with the bump tracking feature.  There were so few guide commands sent to my Mach2 that I don't know if having this on or off makes a difference.  Tracking was spectacular (0.18 RA, 0.24 Dec).  The seeing here isn't usually that good, so I'm not sure when or if I'll be able to do a comparison run with Dec compensation turned on.

Eric