Re: APPM data meaning

Sam

Thank you for the explanation Ray - it is understood that each scope / mount setup is unique and may be affected by a number of factors in different ways, so it is good to know that the model tries to account for these variables through a curve-fit approach and shows the results for each of these variables in the model (left of screen)

I have a question regarding your comment « A more important factor is repeatability« .

Am I correct to understand that the model « bulls eye » charts provide an indication of error and repeatability ? (Since a large number of platesolves are done within close proximity).
For instance the charts I got show an avg error of 8 seconds and a range of 20 sec - are these in the right ballpark or should they be better ?

If the above is incorrect, how would one get a measure of « repeatability ».

thanks
sam