Re: Mach1 RA guiding spike

yanzhe liu

I swapped the scope/CCD with another system, both systems worked fine. So it is not clear to me what the problem was, whether it was mount or mount+scope/ccd, or something else.

Brian,

Did you see anything wrong in the log?

Roland,

How often should mach1 be cleaned/re-geased/re-meshed?

Yanzhe

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 11:06 AM yanzhe liu via groups.io <liuyanzhe=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Brian,

Roland,

The spikes were between dithers, so dither should not be the problem.
One of my friends said he had similar issue on his AP mount, and cleaning/re-gease the gear fixed the issue. Do you think mine looks the same?

Thanks

Yanzhe

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 10:35 AM Brian Valente <bvalente@...> wrote:
can you upload your guidelog?

screen capture isn't helpful to diagnose this behavior

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 10:09 AM yanzhe liu <liuyanzhe@...> wrote:
Repost as my original post did not seem to go through.

Just noticed something abnormal with my Mach1 guiding. There were spikes on RA guiding. Sometimes it runs fine for a couple of hours, sometimes a spike comes every few minutes like the attached screenshot below..

Each pixel is ~4" so spike is ~10".

What could be the problem? There is no noticeable backlash on RA/DEC. RA/DEC are well balanced. Do I need to re-mesch RA, or something is wrong with gearbox?

--
Brian

Brian Valente