Re: PrimaLuceLab EAGLE LE

Terry Martin

Ed, et al

I've been using a Primalucelab Eagle since 2018 and I quite like it, so much so that I recently purchased an Eagle 4 pro.  The original Eagle is an Eagle 2 pro that came with an i3 processor, 8Gb of ram, and a 128Gb hard drive.  I upgraded the ram and hard drive to 16Gb and 500Gb.  Changing the ram and hard drive are easy to do.  There were a couple issues with the Eagle 2.   One, the wi-fi in it is poor, so I purchased a small portable router that I velcro to the side of the Eagle and connect to the Eagle.  The portable router puts out a very strong signal and works really well.  The second issue was the Windows operating system that came with the Eagle.  The Eagle comes with Windows 10 Enterprise, which is fine, but the one that came with the Eagle 2 could not be updated the newer .NET framework, which I needed for some devices to run.  The solution was to "upgrade" to Windows 10 Pro.  Filippo from Primalucelab helped me a lot with the "upgrade".  The Eagle 4 wi-fi is very good.

Anyway, I've run several devices and software using the Eagle 2 without any issues.  I have never used an ASI6200 camera, but I do use an ASI2600 camera and a Nikon d810a regularly without issues.  The software running regularly on the Eagle are NINA, TheSkyX, PHD2, Ascom drivers, and APCC, etc.  During imaging I may run CCD inspector to look at the images as they download off the camera.  I've also used other software like BackyardNikon, Stellarium, Starry Night Pro, SharpCap, Cartes du Ciel, CCD Commander, etc.; all with no issues.  I remote into the Eagle using Microsoft Remote Desktop.  The Celeron chip in the Eagle 2 is somewhat slow, but certainly fast enough for astronomy software and imaging.  The Eagle 4 pro that I just got is noticeably faster.

I like the Eagle architecture because it is neat, tidy, and it all works very well.  The Eagle case is very strong and accessories can easily and firmly attached to it.  I highly recommend the Eagle.

Terry