Re: AP1100AE No response from DEC Encoder

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 10:42 AM, Mike Hanson wrote:
Make sure you are using the latest version of APCC (are you?).  The latest version requires the condition to persist for multiple encoders readings before annunciating anything.  If the warnings continue to annoy you, contact us privately.

I am (1.9.3.3).  And I guess my main concern is knowing when to be annoyed.  I assume if it can't read the encoder it just goes by dead reckoning, until it can?  I.e. it does not interrupt any operation?

I also did some testing now, after breakfast.  Slewing fast (to first reproduce the problem) from Park 2 to Park 4, occasional find home (which is basically Park 2), then to park 3 -- solid, completely steady blue, not even a hint of green.  Went multiple times through the same spots.

The only difference is 30F warmer and a chance for the dew to evaporate.   Same everything else, did not power cycle.

Can dew cause this?  Because 30F warmer still means it only went from about 38F to 70F or so, it was never cold by Chicago standards.

But yes, if it starts happening more and especially if it seems to cause any other issue, will reach out by phone.

Thank you.

Linwood