Re: [ap-ug] Life after the Stowaway

Terri Zittritsch

Roland, I love my refractors but I have to admit that the commercial SCTs are the best bang for the buck of any telescopes I have.    I have an 8" meade ACF and an 11" Celestron edge and both perform, to my eyes, amazingly well given their price point.    Un-forked they're amazingly portable for the aperture and forked are incredibly versatile with excellent goto.     I have ordered a premium 7" refractor but I expect to keep my Meade for outreach.    Lots of WOW for the buck and the vast majority in this hobby can't afford the price tags for premium 10" optics even if they were available.

Terri