Re: AP1100AE needs exorcism (DEC turned all the way around like Linda Blair)

Ray Gralak

That’s odd, all the terms are zero so I am not sure why a Dec value of 511 degrees would have been calculated, unless refraction has something to do with this.

By any chance have you updated the new ASCOM platform to 6.6? The release notes said something about fixing refraction.

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of ap@...
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 7:09 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] AP1100AE needs exorcism (DEC turned all the way around like Linda Blair)

Sorry, Ray, when I say it was because of the model name, I meant it was because I renamed the model and the model name APCC was expecting was not present.

It's easily re-creatable for me.  Last night I was imaging with the model, and shut down normally.  To recreate this morning, before starting APCC I renamed the model to a new name.

For simplicity I started just APCC, no ASCOM, no NINA.  It auto-connected and and the model "loaded" all zeros (first two screen shots) 

I hand-keyed in the goto pane the uncorrected coordinates from the log you have (2d1m7.10s, 85d12m39.2s) and hit Goto.

It took off counterclockwise again (I think I said clockwise somewhere, sorry).   I stopped it after about 100 degrees or so, you can see in the 3D where I stopped it.  Notice also the custom rate; at this point if I go to the tracking correction status it shows -18000.00 sec/hour.  The log shows the corrected slew of +511*15:55.2 again.

At that point (having stopped the slew, but nothing else, no restart) I went to Model, loaded the (now) proper name, and immediately the numbers all changed to something sensible.  Without changing it I hit the goto button again and it properly slewed back to where it should be.

It really seems like it is just as simple as removing a model from where APCC expects it to be when it starts up causes this, no special situation that I can see. I must be the only one that likes meaningful names.  :) 

Obviously I won't be doing that any more.  

Thanks for looking at it. 

Linwood

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.