Re: Basic guidelines for narrowband imaging +/- Full Moon

AaronW

Many have advised me that when full, the moon needs to be 60 angular degrees away from your target when capturing Ha or Sii, and 90 degrees away when capturing Oiii.  But that's for a 100% illuminated moon.  Not sure how that changes as the moon wanes.

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 11:16 AM Ted Mickle via groups.io <tedmickle=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
I’d like to do some 3nm H-alpha imaging about 30 degrees away from the Moon tonight at 1,000mm focal length.

Does anyone have rough guidance on narrowband imaging when dealing with a Full Moon?  In other words, how bandpass, focal length and angular separation can be quantified for each of the narrowband filters?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Ted