Re: Basic guidelines for narrowband imaging +/- Full Moon

Emilio J. Robau, P.E.

Ted,

I think your plan is a good one.  The problem with this time of year is that the targets get pretty slim as the full moons approach galaxy season.   There are few targets available that meet your criteria.   I have been waiting for three or so days, two of which were actually quite good viewing conditions to get the moon to move east during the early evening so I can target milky way NB targets.   Tonight may be a good night to start and I would be using your criteria.  The further away from the moon the better because even with NB filters, the moon can be pretty devastating and cause some real reflection and gradient issues.