Re: ASCOM Driver "freezing"?

Ray Gralak

Thanks everyone. I probably clicked on the wrong thing by the time I added it to the cart. I do have an FTDI
based cable (as confirmed by Device Manager and the installed driver) and experienced the same problem,
but it wasn't the AP cable. Will get the AP one when it's back in stock. Is it really only 10cm long? Do you
plug that into an active USB extension cable or a powered hub to get the required distance to the rest of your
stuff?
It is better to connect the USB/serial converter directly to a USB port on your computer and run a Male-Female DB9 cable of the needed length from the converter to the mount.

The DB9 cable can be much longer (100+ feet), and, of course, you won't need a USB extender!

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of wbelhaven via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2022 9:09 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] ASCOM Driver "freezing"?

Thanks everyone. I probably clicked on the wrong thing by the time I added it to the cart. I do have an FTDI
based cable (as confirmed by Device Manager and the installed driver) and experienced the same problem,
but it wasn't the AP cable. Will get the AP one when it's back in stock. Is it really only 10cm long? Do you
plug that into an active USB extension cable or a powered hub to get the required distance to the rest of your
stuff?

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.