Re: 1100GTO dimension needed

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 10:17 AM, <gmiller2005@...> wrote:
Could an owner of an 1100GTO mount please give me an accurate dimension of the diameter of the baseplate? Not the diameter that would fit inside a pier, but rather the larger diameter of the baseplate itself.
Ignore this note if you need precision.    It's about 9" or 9.125" as best I can tell.  I don't want to take it apart, and this is a tape measure suspended about an inch or so above the base to pass over the azimuth control in front, so the angle is misleading I think on the dimension, I think it is a bit over not under 9".

Real rough measurement, my caliper will not go nearly that large.

Assuming that's the dimension you mean.

Bear in mind on the other side there's a flat surface, so the azimuth controls (below showing only the left one) extend well over, but immediately above the ring.   There's also the mount for the CP4, that here I have extended out 1/4" or so for clearance and cables.    By default it is flat against the flat area on the ring.

Linwood