Re: Flexible all-weather USB3 cable?

Woody Schlom

Christopher,

Thanks.  I’d already found them on Amazon and just blindly ordered a couple purely based on your recommendation.  So if I don’t like them – you may hear about it.  Can you live with the pressure of that recommendation? 

My initial reactions to the order are:  VERY expensive, and even though Amazon said they were in stock, they’re apparently coming directly from the UK – and the delivery estimate is first week of Feb. at the earliest.

I couldn’t find any detailed specs on the Cromo cables – such as wire gauge.  Based on the photos, the cable itself looks relatively thin to me (thinner than many of my L-com cables with the larger wire gauges and double-shielding).  So I’m guessing the wire gauge for the Cromo cables is probably 30/28/28.  Not the greatest for CMOS cameras that need all the voltage they can get.  My stiff PVC jacketed L-com cables are 28/26/24, and one of them even has #22 power wires inside.

Oh well.  I guess the proof is in the pudding and I’ll find out how well the Cromo cables work sometime next month.

Woody

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christopher M
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2022 4:44 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Flexible all-weather USB3 cable?

Sorry, I should have provided a link to purchase sites for the Lindy:
https://www.amazon.com/LINDY-36664-Type-Cable-Cromo/dp/B07F6WHVLH/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1472ZRARBF8FH&keywords=lindy%2Bcromo%2Busb%2B3&qid=1642120850&sprefix=battery%2Bcapacity%2Bmonitor%2Caps%2C272&sr=8-1&th=1

at -12C both the Lindy Cromo cables and the L-Com cables becames noticably stiffer than when at room temperature, but not rigid.  I was not afraid of them cracking in use or when packing up in the morning.

Cheers!
Christopher M

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.