From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andrew J
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 6:47 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Separate power for mount - why?

I have heard from different sources that 14.1 volts maybe too much for most cameras and other imaging accessories. While dew heaters and the mount are OK and probably function better with 14.1 volts, it was recommended that I run the camera and other devices at around 12.8 volts. This could be one reason to have at least two power supplies. I currently use three. One is for the mount (as that is what AP recommends) fixed at 14.1 volts. One for the dew heaters fixed at 14.1 volts, just because I don't want them on the same circuit as the mount. One variable PS for all the imaging gear set at 12.8 volts. I use the Powerwerks PS for the mount and the camera gear. The other PS is the Pyramid PS I originally got from AP when I purchased my Mach1 back in 2016, which I am currently using to run my dew heaters. This is probably overkill, but I didn't see any downside to keeping them seperate. Just my two cents...

Andrew