From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of ap@...
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2022 8:53 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Problem with PHD2 when also connected to Mach1 mount using Stellarium's Telescope Control plugin

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 08:47 PM, John Davis wrote:

I understand that might be the “fix” – if only for now – and I’m prepared to do that.  Right now, the only thing I actively use Stellarium for (with the mount control) is to have the mount slew to the location that I want to use to calibrate PHD2 against.  It’s also nice to be able to easily see where the mount is pointing during an imaging session, but that is really not necessary.

Admittedly in NINA not SGP, but I just slew to the same alt/az location every night, I do not bother to look if there are stars there (there are stars everywhere :) ).  I have a script that I run that slews, calibrates, guides for 2 minutes (just so I can see how it looks) and then is done.

Not trying to say "don't figure out the problem" just you might find that easier than having the human involved at all, much less Stellarium, if that's the only need.

Linwood