Re: NINA not Parking my 1100

Dale Ghent

On Jan 10, 2022, at 17:12, Alex <groups@...> wrote:

Thanks folks, that was the issue. The ASCOM driver was set to park at the current position. That said, why would SGP go to park position one? I've never messed with the setting in the driver.
The only thing I can think of is that I usually start APCC first and connect it to the mount as well as connect the driver. It's possible I started and connected NINA first. Would that have made a difference? In any event I've configure the driver correctly. It's supposed to be clear tonight, so I'll give it a test.
This is likely the case. On APCC's window, you'll find the "AP V2 Driver" section. There's a checkbox there labeled Auto-Config. If APCC will configure the ASCOM driver with its settings IF APCC is the one that starts the ASCOM driver. It seems that was the case you described when using SGPro. When NINA (or any other app) starts the ASCOM driver, the driver loads its own settings and doesn't inherit anything from APCC.

You can still do it your previous way - APCC first, which then starts the driver, then you connect to it in NINA. You can do it either manually as you were or through the Advanced Sequencer using the Start APCC instruction in my Astro-Physics Tools plugin. You'd then use the Connector plugin's Connect to.. instruction to connect NINA to the then-launched ASCOM driver. You will want to be sure that the Auto-Connect and Auto-Config checkboxes are selected in the aforementioned AP V2 Driver area in APCC. There are some timeouts you can tweak in Astro-Physics Tools' options area if the ASCOM driver need some more time after appearing in the process table before anything can connect to it.

I gotta say I've been enjoying playing with NINA. Its new advanced sequencer appeals to my software engineer brain. The plugin model is great. It might get me to pick up C# to try some stuff. I'm a Java programmer in my day job, so it shouldn't be a big transition.
Cool! A few contributors cut their C# teeth with NINA after a having a Java-only background, so you'd be in good company. I'm a systems guy and my daily driver languages are C, python; even perl *spit*. All from the snug confines of vi. If I can hook into Visual Studio and get going with C#, anyone can ;)

/dale