Re: Problem with PHD2 when also connected to Mach1 mount using Stellarium's Telescope Control plugin

Geof Lewis

John,
I've followed your thread both here and over on the OpenPHD forum. I have to agree with Joel; the below extract of the steps you took to diagnose the problem and get a successful guiding session state....
'......then took Stellarium out of the picture – restarted – recalibrated – then successfully guided for 1 hour 30 minutes...'
It seems that the only thing you need to do to fix the problem was stop using Stellarium. I don't use Stellarium as a planetarium for telescope control, as I use SGP to run my observatory and capture images, but I do use Cartes du Ceil (CdC) when I just want to quickly use a planetarium to select targets and control the mount, which works almost flawlessly. CdC is what I used to use regularly several years ago when I too had a mobile rig and need to set up afresh each session, so maybe that's an alternative solution for you.
Regards,

Geof

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Joel Short <buckeyestargazer@...>
Sent: 10 January 2022 14:50
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Problem with PHD2 when also connected to Mach1 mount using Stellarium's Telescope Control plugin

John,
Doesn't it seem as if the issue lies with Stellarium, not PHD2?  I have no evidence for this statement but I suspect that Stellarium is the problem.  The internal telescope control is a relatively new feature (vs the old Stellarium Scope) and I've only been using it for a few months.  I haven't noticed this issue with my AP1100 at home, but I've noticed it with a CEM120EC at my remote location.  Next clear night I'm hoping to do some more testing.
joel

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.