Re: Problem with PHD2 when also connected to Mach1 mount using Stellarium's Telescope Control plugin

John Davis

I think that possibility has been eliminated by the tests which all involve the same guide camera operating with the same settings. There are no problems in the system until Stellarium is added to the mix with its connection to the Mach1 ASCOM driver. For me the question is how to determine if it is PHD2 or Stellarium that is causing the problem. The PHD2 guys naturally assume that it’s Stellarium, but I’m not convinced you can conclude that from the symptoms

On Jan 9, 2022, at 10:15 AM, Cheng-Yang Tan via groups.io <cytan299@...> wrote:

 I think the problem is that there are so many variables :( One possibility is the guide camera not downloading the image and so PHD freezes. I use SBIG St-i and SC-2 for guiding and have not seen this problem.

cytan

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Sunday, January 9, 2022, 9:06 AM, midmoastro <teche70@...> wrote:

John, I thought I noticed similar several weeks back but wrote it off to something I was possibly doing. The difference for me is that I was not running Stellarium, that I recall. I was running NINA and PHD would launch via NINA. Guiding would start out normal, then just stop. Mine would auto pick back up and start tracking again though. It was very odd and was repeatable. I was suspecting some kind of issue between NINA and PHD as I believe I ran just PHD to test. My memories are vague but I thought PHD by itself ran fine and the issue only occurred when I launched it via NINA and had them running together. Again vague memories here but if I ever get clear skies again I will test to try and clarify or see if it happens again.
Todd