Re: Problem with PHD2 when also connected to Mach1 mount using Stellarium's Telescope Control plugin

John Davis

Unfortunately the knee-jerk response from the PHD2 support forum is “oh it’s a Stellarium problem – go ask them” or they are trying to tell me I’m not using the AP ASCOM driver to communicate to Stellarium (I am).

As a software tester – I’m used to developers always assuming that it CAN’T be THEIR software that has the bug…. Sigh.

Seeing what you have experienced, I have seen some odd behaviors like that as well – not *exactly* the same – but cases where stars just start tracking off without any explanation.

I know that PHD2 is good – but I got to think that the new multi-star guiding code just might still have some bugs in it.  I’m just skeptical that PHD2 has NOTHING to do with any of this.

I’ll let you know if I find anything else on another board.