Re: Power Supply/USB 3 Hub Recommendations? UPDATE

Jeffc

Interesting.

Fwiw.. the UPBV2 has a different connector for the power “input” than the output connectors.   The “input” power is an XT60 connector.    Perhaps this was an improvement on the UPBV2 to prevent the problem described.

-jeff

On Jan 8, 2022, at 8:02 PM, Woody Schlom <woody_is@...> wrote:

Robert,

I just spent some time on Pegasus-Astro’s forum and learned that I’ve almost certainly blown up my PPBA’s adjustable output.  If you accidentally plug power input into this output – you can blow the adjustable circuit.  And I know that in the dark two weeks ago, I did exactly that.  Pegasus uses the exact same connectors (5.5mm x 2.1mm) for all power connections – in, out, and adjustable out.  So it’s really easy – particularly in the dark to plug cables in wrong.  I’ve now put big labels on mine.

But I have another Pegasus-Astro device with a similar Adjustable Out.  So I just tested it.

Power supply input = 12.21v DC. (from Pegasus-Astro regulated 10A PS)

Adjustable Out = 12.21v DC.

Power supply input = 12.87v DC.  (from Powerwerx PS)

Adjustable Out = 12.23v DC.

So that output is definitely regulated – at least to within a couple of hundredths of a volt.

I find using all the same connectors a significant problem in the dark when you’re in a hurry.  Oh well.  Live and learn.

Woody