Re: Insurance for AP Mounts

Scott Cooke

I have a rider on my homeowners policy of what's known as personal inland marine floater policy.  It covers all my listed gear at $1.60/$100.  It covers breakage, theft, damage from water, basically all losses including something called mysterious disappearance which means it's covered even if I just lose it.  I had to photograph everything to verify ownership and document value either through retail prices or used ads for items no longer available new.  They will cover each item for the amount documented.

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 8:21 PM Mike Dodd <mike@...> wrote:
On 12/29/2021 7:44 PM, Dale Ghent wrote:
> Oh, and the usual insurance games such as loss coverage not applying
> because of specific causes like flooding (either natural or from things
> like a backed-up sewer/septic) and such will be part of the game.

For my amateur radio hobby, I pay $108 for an insurance policy that
covers all my ham gear, about $7,800 worth, for one year. The premium
rate of $1.40/$100 has not changed for three years. The policy covers
equipment (per the website) "...on a replacement cost basis. Coverage is
all risk with few exclusions."

These policies are offered to members of the American Radio Relay League
(ARRL), and underwritten by Risk Strategies Company in Chicago.

I wonder if any amateur astronomy association has or might be willing to
offer similar policies.

--- Mike

Join to automatically receive all group messages.