Re: Insurance for AP Mounts

Mike Dodd

On 12/29/2021 7:44 PM, Dale Ghent wrote:
Oh, and the usual insurance games such as loss coverage not applying because of specific causes like flooding (either natural or from things like a backed-up sewer/septic) and such will be part of the game.
For my amateur radio hobby, I pay $108 for an insurance policy that covers all my ham gear, about $7,800 worth, for one year. The premium rate of $1.40/$100 has not changed for three years. The policy covers equipment (per the website) "...on a replacement cost basis. Coverage is all risk with few exclusions."

These policies are offered to members of the American Radio Relay League (ARRL), and underwritten by Risk Strategies Company in Chicago.

I wonder if any amateur astronomy association has or might be willing to offer similar policies.

--- Mike