Re: Insurance for AP Mounts

Dale Ghent

You can declare your astronomy gear on a rider that will usually cover loss and theft. However it won’t protect the gear if you’re sued and “they” come for your assets, which is what “Umbrella insurance” will cover. As always, talk with your agent about which options work best for your situation. 

On Dec 29, 2021, at 18:59, psparkman via <psparkman@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a non-technical question.  I have an AP1100, and and AP1600 mount.  We know what these mounts are worth.  My home owners policy only covers non-scheduled items up to $5000k, which is much less than these mounts are worth.  What does everyone do for insurance on these higher value items?

Join to automatically receive all group messages.