Re: Insurance for AP Mounts

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

My home-owners does not have a limit for non-scheduled items, but it is only going to cover things like theft and fire. Having it destroyed by a roaming grizzly bear at night... maybe. Having it destroyed because I left it outside with the sprinklers on, definitely not (ok, so that might not destroy it, but you get the idea - a mea culpa of some sort).

Your insurer will happily add it on a rider, I suspect, but like expensive camera gear (which I've thought about for years), getting it insured for the most likely things that will cause a loss (in my case user error of some sort) is hard, or expensive, or both.  So I just self-insure.

So I'm curious if people have better solutions.