Re: Power supply question - Powerwerx SPS-30DM

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 02:47 PM, Woody Schlom wrote:
Based on the photo, I’m thinking the crimped metal part was inserted into the red plastic housing upside-down.  Not a “bad” crimp, but inserted into the red plastic housing upside down.
You would be incorrect.   The blunt looking end is the folded down lip.  If pushed it forward, it does extend and lock down and look identical to the black side, but rather than staying in place, it pops back up and slides back when any tension is put on it (like any tension on the wire as you disconnect, even though primarily I would hold the connector in this case as it is wire-to-wire).

My GUESS is that the inside is rounded out in some fashion, though it does not show to the eye.   Or it might be something off in the shape of the inside of the red connector.  It just has no strength once it clicks in (and it does).  Normally these things require a tool to lift the lip up to slide off the connector's plate, this one just requires a tug.

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 02:49 PM, Peter Nagy wrote:
Actually they are made by Anderson Power.
You are of course correct, it's just that Powerwerx is the only place I have seen them for sale (I have not searched, there certainly could be others).  I tend to think of them synonymously, but they are not.

My real point is Amazon is filled with knockoffs, also knockoffs of the crimpers, and by reputation (though I did not try) many of both are of low quality.