Re: Unusual APCC and Mach 2 behavior after the meridian #APCC #Mach2GTO

Roland Christen

Can you repeat the meridian flip with modeling turned off? Also, in which axis is this happening? Also, can you run a 5 second image after meridian flip to see if the stars are round with modeling on. Doing these tests will allow us to determine if it's the modeling parameters or if it's caused by parameters inside the CP5.

From: Marcelo Figueroa via groups.io <marfig1970@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Dec 26, 2021 12:58 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Unusual APCC and Mach 2 behavior after the meridian #APCC #Mach2GTO

First, I'm doing 4 minute unguided imaging with an Esprit 100 on my Mach 2 (with modeling turned on). And I don't know if it's a factor to take into account, but it's summer here and the nights are hot, around 19C.

Thing is, just after the meridian flip I'm getting oval stars. The strange thing is that it's exactly the first 3 frames, in the first one the stars are very oval and then they get progressively better, by the fourth one they are round again (and before the meridian they are also normal).

It's not a big problem, but I'm curious what could be causing this. The images are a crop of the central area.

Thanks