Re: Power supply question - Powerwerx SPS-30DM

Jeffc

On Dec 25, 2021, at 8:42 AM, Peter Nagy <topboxman@...> wrote:

I don't think PWRgate is useful for dark site unless the dark site has 110VAC outlets.
True.

I now use a GoalZero Yeti 1500x at dark sky sites, and also at home. It’s about the size and weight of a car battery (I move it on a furniture dolly). This replaces 4 deep cycle batteries I previously used over the years. The 1500x has a built in sine wave inverter, and 12v power pole output.
The 1500x can also behave like a UPS in that it supports charging while in use. There’s other models of so-called “solar generators” which are lighter/smaller and use other battery chemistry.
Tho..definitely not as convenient as a couple small switching power supplies for AC supply home use.

-jeff