Re: Unusual APCC and Mach 2 behavior after the meridian #APCC #Mach2GTO

Jeffc

Is the elongation in DEC, RA, or a combination f both?

On Dec 26, 2021, at 10:59 AM, Marcelo Figueroa via groups.io <marfig1970@...> wrote:

First, I'm doing 4 minute unguided imaging with an Esprit 100 on my Mach 2 (with modeling turned on). And I don't know if it's a factor to take into account, but it's summer here and the nights are hot, around 19C.

Thing is, just after the meridian flip I'm getting oval stars. The strange thing is that it's exactly the first 3 frames, in the first one the stars are very oval and then they get progressively better, by the fourth one they are round again (and before the meridian they are also normal).

It's not a big problem, but I'm curious what could be causing this. The images are a crop of the central area.

Thanks