Re: Strain wave gear PEC limitations

Christopher Erickson

For those that want to discuss the ZWO AM5 mount, there is a new groups.io  group for doing that.

https://groups.io/g/ZWO-Astro

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Sun, Dec 26, 2021, 5:46 PM David via groups.io <phrosty5=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
40 second peak to peak is not outrageous for a harmonic strain wave mount.  It’s typical.  I have a Rainbow RST-135, and no it’s not in the same league as my Mach2.  BUT, that being said, it guides quite well with 0.5 second guide exposures for focal lengths under 600mm.  And it does this for something under 10 lbs and no counterweights.  This was with a WO Redcat and the RST-135.  And no, it wasn’t guiding on a hot pixel. It’s nice to be able to lift the whole pier, mount, and scope setup which weighs less than 30 lbs.

David