Re: APCC new install error

Ray Gralak

You probably may not see the Eltima install window, especially if it is failing to register its ActiveX control. We don't have any control over the Eltima installer, but we have seen more install failures in devices that lack native COM port hardware, like some brands of small form factor mini PCs (e.g. an Intel NUC). I suspect there is a missing Windows DLL used by the Eltima ActiveX control, thus the control fails to register. Unfortunately, Eltima has not been able to provide a 100% guaranteed solution yet.

However, if you haven't already, it is important to install all of the manufacturer's drivers for your device and make sure Windows is up to date, including any optional updates. After doing this uninstall APCC from Control Panel, then reinstall it.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of midmoastro
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2021 4:45 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] APCC new install error

I'm installing APCC on a new Intel NUC and having some issues that I didnt have with my prior laptop install.
I've been following the document and dont think I've missed anything.
I installed in this order:
1. Update to .NET Framework 4.7.2 or later (if needed) ( I actually have 3.5 and 4.8 installed)
2. Install the ASCOM Platform 6.5 SP1 (complete)
3. Install the AP V2 ASCOM Driver (complete)
4. Install APCC (complete)

I also saw the black box pop up but never got a prompt to install the Eltima software. So maybe this is the
issue?
I entered my software key in APCC without issue.

After launching APCC, I get the following error.. Any ideas what this may be related to? Did I miss something?

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.