M78 and Barnard's Loop

Robert Chozick <rchozick@...>

I got this image last time I was out at my observatory Paducah, TX.  I got the same reflection that was on my last shot of M78.  I moved my filter placement because of the last time so not sure how to avoid this.  I actually think the reflection looks interesting.

Any suggestions as to why I am getting this reflection on my refractor would be welcome.  The only thing I can think of is that my dew shield is stuck half way and cannot be fully extended.  Could that cause this?   This is the only object I have imaged that has done this.  After the last time it showed up I moved my filter to a different spot.  See the other image below:

Robert