Re: AP1600 Lost

Dale Ghent

Ah yes, I forgot about "Prevent Errant RECALs" (I have that turned off in my setups because of all the testing I do with NINA, so the last time that has gotten in the way of things has faded from my memory.)

On Dec 9, 2021, at 09:53, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

What Dale suggests will work unless the pointing error is more than 5 degrees and "Prevent Errant Recals" is enabled in APCC's Advanced settings. If you disable "Prevent Errant RECALs", make sure to re-enable it after syncing!

BTW, if you manually move the mount to the Park 3 position and unpark from Park 3, the mount should be pointing within 5 degrees. Thus, when you do a RECAL to regain precise pointing you will not need to disable "Prevent errant RECALs".

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob Enouen
Sent: Thursday, December 9, 2021 5:46 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] AP1600 Lost

Ahh! Thanks so much Dale! I’ll do that at the next clear sky night - which will be Sunday night here in
Springboro, OH.

Bob

Robert J. Enouen
Cell 513-504-4410

On Dec 9, 2021, at 8:12 AM, Dale Ghent <daleg@...> wrote:

Use the N/S/E/W buttons, either in APCC or in NINA, to drive the mount and point the telescope at a clear
patch of sky, then a manual plate solve+sync inside NINA from the Imaging -> Plate Solve window. The mount
will then know how it's oriented. There's no need to undo clutches and manually sling the OTA around to a
park position.

The main question is /how/ your mount got to disoriented. One of the ways this can happen is if you have
the mount parked in a particular position and then command it to unpark, but from a different position instead
of Last parked or from the actual park position it was parked at.

On Dec 9, 2021, at 08:05, Bob Enouen <renouen@...> wrote:

Hi Ray,

My observatory-based AP1600 CP4 lost its location last night after a few days of no activity due to
clouds. It’s been tracking great using a 300+ point APPM model on 180 second unguided exposures with a
RC 16” that has a 3250mm focal length. I’m forwarding the APPC Pro logs and the NINA logs for the last two
days for reference.

My question: I assume that if I physically release the RA/Dec gear boxes and move the mount to Park 3
and then Recal using Alt/Az in APPC Pro to that position this will get me close enough to then Recal using
PlateSolving. I do not have a hand control. Is this correct?

Thanks, Bob

Robert J. Enouen
Cell 513-504-4410
20211205-024656-2.0.0.2006.912.log
20211208-172149-2.0.0.2006.6568.log
ApccZip-BOB_ENOUEN-2021-12-09-061744.zip