Re: APPM error

Sam Saeed

Hi Ray,

All sky model Data Points = 363 (took almost 2.75 hours)

I remote into the computer using an ethernet network.

Software running during the event were: APCC, APPM, MaximDL, and FocusMax (can’t remember if I had quit FocusMax before starting the modeling or not)

Nothing else running except windows 10 OS, no updates no Antivirus. This is a basic computer used for image acquisition only.

All devices (Camera, mount, focuser, Mbox) are connected using USB 3 interface.

However, I must mention this. I always have the Bluetooth and wifi hardware disabled all the time since I use an ethernet network. This particular evening, the internet to my observatory was not working due to some local reasons. I had to activate the wifi to use a hot spot from my cell phone to the the imaging computer just for internet connectivity. I have been using APCC and APPM for a year and half now on this computer. I find it exceptionally reliable with very minor things here and there that were easily resolved. This is the first time to see this particular error. So the only difference between then and now is the wifi interface was active.

As I mentioned before, the model seem to load anyway even after triggering the error.

Hope this helps

Sam

From: <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Gralak <iogroups@...>
Reply-To: <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Date: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 12:09 PM
To: <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPM error

Sam,

The CPU is 8-years old but should be powerful enough. Three more questions:

1. How many data points are in your model(s)?
  2. Are you directly on the computer or remoted into it when you load a model?
  3. Are there any other applications consuming CPU or updating the user interface when you load a model?

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sam Saeed via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 10:06 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPM error

Hi Ray:

Thanks for the quick response.

Computer specs are in the attached screen shot. In addition the storage is Samsung 500GB SSD. This computer is a bit old (maybe 7 years old).

Sam Saeed

Graphical user interface, text, application

Description automatically generated

On 12/8/21, 8:32 AM, "Ray Gralak" <main@ap-gto.groups.io on behalf of iogroups@...> wrote:

Hi Sam,

That message means that APCC's command buffers were all used up. This can happen if APCC was doing something computationally expensive (like calculating a big model). It should clear itself out after APCC completes the computations. How many points were in your model? Also, which CPU does your computer use?

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sam Saeed via groups.io

> Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 8:18 AM

> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

> Subject: [ap-gto] APPM error

>

> This last weekend, I started getting this error every time I switch models in APPM. Please see attached screen

> shot.

>

>

>

> In spite of the error, the model seems to load. But I’m not sure if it’s functioning properly or not as I could not

> test it due to change in weather conditions.

>

>

>

> Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas?

>

>

>

> Thanks for your help

>

>

>

> Sam Saeed

>

>

>

>

>

> Graphical user interface

> Description automatically generated

>

>

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.