Re: M31 with A-P1100GTO-AE mount, TEC 160FL, FRC, and QHY600M-PH camera

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

  • I was going to mention Pixel Math as I know it can do similar things.

An advantage that Photoshop has though is that you can paint masks (and lots of other manipulations of them).  So if you are blending two versions, you can literally brush one onto the other slowly, getting a mixture however you like, more heavily in some areas, less in others either by brush stroke, gradients, fuzzy edges, etc.

Pixinsight is far more precise, more mathematical, but (and for some good purists reasons) does not encourage artistic modifications like that.

Linwood