Re: [ap-ug] Bad observing conditions!

Christopher Erickson

Yikes!

The hottest I have ever seen here in Waikoloa is 92F and the nights are usually between 65 and 80. I think I'll stick with Hawaii!

Not to mention that I am at 19 degrees North Latitude and can see about 90% of the entire celestial sphere here.

However there IS a lot more humidity here. Although Waikoloa has only received 7.22" of rain for all of 2021, so far.

And the seeing can suck sometimes, depending on the winds.

"Always take the high road. There's less traffic."

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, Hawaii

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 11:22 AM <jimwc@...> wrote:
You are welcome to become a "snowbird" here in Mohave County, Arizona
Where it is nice and toasty 110–115-degree highs during the day and 90-degree nights in the summer and very low humidity, and perfect weather for observing most of the winter with cool nights and clear Skys.
  Jim