Re: Portability of RA and DEC modules

>>> Another trick I did before setting up a dehumidifier in my observatory was to place a 25 watt incandescent bulb in a shop light holder and drape the extension cord over the RA shaft so that the bulb hung between the counterweight shaft and pier.

I do something similar with my TG cover (which is outside 24/7/365) but it's with a gun safe dehumidifier rod. it's around 10W and is a metal tube

I just went through 6" of rain in 24 hours, the telescope and mount were dry thanks to TG cover and rod

Brian

On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 2:49 PM Jack Huerkamp <Mallincamusa@...> wrote:

Another trick I did before setting up a dehumidifier in my observatory was to place a 25 watt incandescent bulb in a shop light holder and drape the extension cord over the RA shaft so that the bulb hung between the counterweight shaft and pier.  I then put the 24/7 cover over it and the reflectix inside helped trap the heat and keep the mount dry no matter how humid it got outside.

Yours truly,

Jack

Jack Huerkamp

Jack's Astro Accessories, LLC

38388 Pine Street

Pearl River, LA 70452-5192

985-445-5063

mallincamusa@...

www.mallincamusa.com

30.37N  89.76W

All of us get lost in the darkness.
Dreamers learn to steer by the stars.

………………………………….Neil Peart

From: Masahiko Niwa <masahiko234@...>

Date: 11/28/21 8:29 AM (GMT-08:00)

Subject: [ap-gto] Portability of RA and DEC modules

I would like to hear about your experiences. I am considering buying a 1100 GTO. I live in the city and would have to travel by car to shoot. I'm thinking of taking the RA and DEC modules of 1100 GTO in pieces and assembling them in the field. Is this realistic?

Brian

Brian Valente